Binge days! We all have em'
I get asked a lot if I ever eat unhealthy food. Umm yeah, pretty much every day. I like food. I like to celebrate special occasions with food. I like to reward myself with food. I don’t think there is anything wrong with eating unhealthy food, when done in moderation. There are some weeks where I don’t really have any craving for bad foods and others where I want every calorie loaded snack in sight.
When those weeks come along where I want nothing but bad food, I let myself indulge a bit more than normal. I don’t think it’s healthy to feel like you’re being punished for wanting a snack. Eat the candy and move on, don’t dwell on it. When I do eat really crappy I try to be really good the next day so my body doesn’t end up hating me later. These are my steps to get back on track:
1. Drink tons of water! I drink at least 80 oz everyday so I up that when I’ve binged.
2. Snack on fruits and veggies. Get creative and add healthy dips like hummus or peanut butter if eating fruits and veggies alone is too boring for you.
3. Exercise. Sweating out the toxins helps you feel so much better!
4. Don’t be too mentally hard on yourself. Know that you could have been worse and that you don’t eat like that every day. One bad day will not affect your goals in the long run if you consistently eat healthy and exercise.
5. Don’t expect perfection. For a lot of us who are on a weight loss journey we are dealing with more issues than just losing weight to look good. When you are obese there is typically an emotional, Mental, or physical reason we are that way. Thinking that all of sudden those issues are going to completely disappear after you’ve started your weight loss journey is unrealistic. You will mess up. There is no way around it. Move on and try to do better next time.
There you go. Those are my personal ways of recovering from a binge day of eating sweets, pizza, buffalo wings, ice cream, chips, etc. Yeah I’m sure there are days where I’ve literally ate every single one of those items. As long as you’re happy with the progress, don’t be hard on yourself for a bad day. As long as you have more good days than bad, you’re on the right track to being successful.
P.S. Mmmm Buffalo wings and pizza. My two food loves! Okay, okay I’m going to go eat my oatmeal and have a good day!
Leave a Reply.
Hi my name is Whitney and I'm a mom to 2 adorable boys and the wife to a sports loving, handsome man. I'm outnumbered but wouldn't have it any other way. I'm navigating motherhood one fart joke at a time. Welcome to my crazy life!